Opening of 2 Postdoctoral Positions on Complex Systems, Network Theory and Epidemic Spreading
- Duration: 1 year (initial appointment) with possibility of extension up to 2 years
- Initial Salary: 22 000,00 EUR / year
- Position starting date: end 2021 – beginning 2022
- Requisites: PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related subjects.
We are looking for candidates with expertise in one or more of these areas: statistical physics, network theory, stochastic processes, statistical inference and machine learning, to join CREF’s multidisciplinary research environment. The work will focus on CREF projects related to complexity in interdisciplinary fields (see https://cref.it/en/scientific-projects/). Possible research topics include (but are not limited to):
- Compartment models enriched with Contact Tracing
- Topological effects in short and long range spreading processes
- Graph Neural Networks techniques for network reconstruction
- Economic Complexity tools for the Green Transition
The research activity will be supervised by Claudio Castellano, Giulio Cimini and Andrea Gabrielli. Interested applicants are invited to submit their expression of interest to the email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until the position is filled. Expressions of interests should include:
- A motivation letter and a brief research statement;
- A curriculum vitae including a list of publications;
- Name and contact information of two references.